Saturday, February 12, 2011

Countdown to Portland trip

After we took down our countdown to Advent thing that was hanging all through December, I was trying to think of what else we could hang up there since it was so fun for the boys to take something down each day. About this time I realized that the boys were asking me almost everyday when we would take our trip to Oregon in mid-January. So O Boy and I got on the computer and printed off all sorts of airplane pictures and a map from Petersburg to Seattle (our first stop on the trip). What did people do before the internet?? Then the boys (even Mr. T, for which I was incredibly pleased and surprised) spent an entire "nap" time coloring and cutting out all the planes. Then we hung them up. Each day after that O Boy (Mr. T wasn't that interested) took one more plane down and we taped it on the map, getting closer and closer to Seattle. Very fun! Here you can see a picture I took the day before we left of both the last plane getting taken off and the map almost completely covered up!

No comments: