Thursday, December 02, 2010

Decorating for Fall

Here are a few of the things we made to decorate this year for fall...

Following the tips that Janet Holten gave me, I made this wreath out of the grasses which grow all over in our yard. It's looking a bit beat up here because all the big windstorms we had this fall blew it all about, but it was fun to make my first wreath all by myself! Thanks again, Janet for your wonderful instruction.
Here are some pretty dried bean and noodle creations we made in one of our homeschool art classes.
These fantastic creatures are called Leaf Monsters. I read them the book Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert (all the illustrations are made from leaves) and the boys decided to make Leaf Monsters. They look great on windows!

Terrified turkeys. This was from another homeschool art class. These fellows look like they are truly running for their lives. O Boy likes to point out his tremendously huge black thumb on his turkey. !!

No comments: